What can I say about me?
(Other than I don’t really like talking about me.)
Let’s break it down this way.
The way the mirror sees me:
A not-repulsive white Anglo male, aging gracefully who is:
- A bit of a wine connoisseur
- On keyboards / bass / vocals / beer-detail in a part time garage band
- A survivor of industry-killing downsizing and an ill-advised long term marriage.
- A burgeoning long-distance runner
- An as-yet-undiscovered multi-disciplinary creative force to be reckoned with.
- Skilled at overstating things.
The way the world sees me:
A mostly skinny, definitely bald, middle-aged hipster-wannabe who is:
- Wondering what the heck happened to 50 years?
- Needing more fashion advice
- Sporting eyebrows from pipe-cleaners
- Incalculably and gleefully committed to a new marriage to a fantastic woman who is way out of his league
At my core, I believe we humans are at our best when we embrace our tribal nature. If we listen to our instincts, we take care of each other and a quality of life follows organically. Technology of today allows us to fulfil this need in ways better than at any time in history.
So, I plan to populate these pages with wisdoms and ideas of my own and of more sagely persons wherever and whenever they may be.
I hope you will glean something useful
I hope my epitaph would read, “He’s dead now. But, damn, he sure lived!”